Tanzania is an East African country known for its vast wilderness areas. They include the plains of Serengeti National Park, a safari mecca populated by the “big five” game (elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino), and Kilimanjaro National Park, home to Africa’s highest mountain. Offshore lie the tropical islands of Zanzibar, with Arabic influences, and Mafia, with a marine park home to whale sharks and coral reefs.
Afromaxx is a local based Tour operator in Moshi at Mount Kilimanjaro and in Entebbe in Uganda. Together with our team we organize and create individual Safaris through both countries. While in Tanzania the game drives with lions, Elephants, hippos, giraffes, wildebeest and more than 350 different bird species are the reason to spend quality time in the bush, Uganda travels are dominated by the gorilla and chimpanzee tracking.
Safari is not equal safari. What makes a safari better?
The right itinerary one of the factors which makes the safari be of great value. The Safari can be organized to have game drives during the golden sun, right before sunset in the evening or in the morning, when animals are active. The light will turn your pictures in the most memorable moment of your life.
Another reason is your driver guide
Well educated drivers can tell you stories of what is happening in the bush and how natures create that fantastic cycle of regulation itself. Did you ever hear the story of the “clowns of the savanna” or why the “Elephants are called the gardener of the Bush”? To know the habitats of wildlife, lifespan of different species is a long way to go. Some drivers call them self a driver guide after 6-month course and other drivers never stop learning as they visit the parks and start missing it once the rain season hits in.
Overnight at the right Lodges
Maybe it is not the cheapest accommodation nor the most exclusive lodge from the latest advert. Maybe it is just the right place for this itinerary, putting your safari into a gently start and allowing the safari experience to have some highlights on the way and a set climax near the end. Not always does the eyecatcher picture Lodges provides the best service and coolest location. Animals choose different criteria to stay nearby. Considering environmental standards, sustainability and local community support is a must.
Which destinations does Afromax offer?
• Ngorongoro Crater – the jewel of Tanzania with the “Big Five”
• Tarangire National Park – famous for large elephant herds & impressive baobab trees
• Arusha National Park - varied landscape with Mount Meru, Momella Lakes and Ngurdoto Crater
• Lake Manyara National Park – Tree climbing lions and about 300 different Bird Species
• Serengeti National Park – Wildebeest Migration and major cats
• Mkomazi National Park – Wild dogs and Rhinos
• Ruaha National Park – great game drives along Great Ruaha River – lions, hippos
• Mikumi National Park – easily accessible with lion spotting and hippo pool
• Udzungwa National Park – hikes in the forest, SanjeWaterfall
• Nyerere National Park (former Selous) – great for Adventures customer
• Mounnt Kilimanjaro on all Routes and different durations